Friday 22 November 2013

Cod with chorizo, parmesan and spinach crust

I'm not a great fan of cod, finding it somewhat lacking in flavour but it does have a great texture. This recipe I really enjoyed. Sorry about the lack of measurements but it's got to be in your proportions - not mine ;-)


A couple of nice thick cod steaks.

For the crust:  chorizo, Parmesan, bread crumbs thawed frozen spinach, small knob butter, bit of nice oil. Blitz all together to make a thick paste.

That is about all the prep. Do what you will to accompany it.

I started the cod of in a pan quickly on all sides. Then I added the topping  plus a few very thin slices of chorizo. The topping I found was easier to flatten and shape before putting on the cod but is you do it looser or dryer this won't matter.
Into the oven at 180c fan for as long as it takes to get the internal temperature above 55c

No comments:

Post a Comment