Sunday 13 April 2014

Pork stew

I'm not a great lover of stews but this really hit the spot for me. Although I did it earlier today, a few beers watching the footie and a couple of wines with the meal (and after) may have dulled my memory!

250 gram of cubed pork shoulder. Grind up cumin and coriander seeds, add paprika and turmeric, salt and pepper. Rub all over the meat and leave to marinade for a few hours.

About 6 dried apricot halves chopped.
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 onion sliced
A few sage leaves chopped
1 medium potato in small cubes

Flour the pork

I used a tagine as it seems to maintain a lovely moist low heat and softened the onions then added the garlic and apricots for a few minutes.
 I removed this and then sauteed the pork for a few minutes before adding the potatoes, onions etc, a bay leaf and some chicken stock.

This was left to look after itself on a low simmer for 2 hours.

Lid removed and heat increased to take the liquid to required consistency.

Will be done again.  (As I've included it here, I can remember what I did!!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment