Thursday 30 May 2013

Black Bream

My better half is out with the girls tonight so it's food for one. She does not like fish on the bone so I took a whole black bream out and made a rub of toasted and ground cumin & coriander, crushed garlic, hot and sweet paprikas, salt, pepper and some lemon extract. To that I added a modest amount of chopped parsley, tarragon, lemon balm and thyme. I must say that I like lemon extract as it is in oil and has the advantage of not 'cooking' food which is left to marinate. I left the fish in foil in the fridge for a few hours and then put it on the BBQ for about 7 or 8 minutes in a fish grill.

It's a beautiful but very much under appreciated fish. I will buy some and fillet them so we can both have them as a meal.

I accompanied the fish with a salsa of tomatoes, steamed asparagus, chives, spring onions and cucumber in garlic, virgin rape seed oil, s&p, and white wine vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment