Wednesday 29 May 2013

Salmon with ginger

My wife like salmon so it's a regular (about twice a month). I finely sliced a small piece of root ginger and laid the steaks face to face covered in the fridge for a few hours.
As my better half is on a Weight Watchers diet at the moment, I just used 3 small potatoes (about 250gr in total) and put these in a 180c oven for about 45 minutes along with chunks of swede and celeriac. About 10 minutes before the end, I popped a couple of good sized garlic cloves in. I scooped the potato out of the skins and did a rough mash along with the swede, celeriac and garlic keeping that warm and putting the skin halves back in the oven for about 10 minutes to crisp up.
This was accompanied by steamed broccoli with a touch of nutmeg and a small piece of cooked leftover butternut squash cut into strips and fried off.

Sorry no pic .. we ate it too quickly! The mash with the crispy skins was gorgeous and similar things will feature again.

The salmon was pan fried as in blog 16th May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment